ShareThis

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Lonesome


Photo source: http://twojaimaginacja.pinger.pl/a/2008/12/14/
I lie awake in an empty room
As traffic roars outside,
A need to vanquish this growing gloom,
In need to confide

I'm surrounded by familiar faces
But no one says a word
A million thoughts ,my mind races
To corners more absurd

The heavy silence drags a pause
As the wind heaves a sigh
My face is blank, I'm at a loss, 
I've lost the urge to try

Buried deep, beneath my core
I gasp for living air,
The strain of facing another day
Drowns me in despair

I blink twice and hold my breath,
my eyes beg to close,
Yet too alive to wish for death,
My misery only grows

A little voice whispers weak,
A secret in my ear,
The peace I  crave and deeply seek
Is shrouded by my fear

A lonesome tear fights the urge
To pour in dark defeat,
Fighting hard to embrace the surge
In hope of something sweet.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Me!